Wednesday, January 29, 2003

[amalgamation] gootness, it's been awhile since i've written. i'm sitting here now going through my regular morning routine.. sipping my coffee.. dipping my rich-tea biscuits in my coffee.. waiting to eat my hawaiian papaya.. and reading about all the news online. so i just read this story about the heir of the Onassis family who is 18 years old and just "earned" 2.9 billion dollars, or something of the sort. she earns another 2 billion when she turns 21, but gosh, will she be able to enjoy any of that? all her relatives had tragic and very young deaths, her father is involved in a scandal, her aunt was clinically depressed and had four failed marriages, and this poor 18 year old girl naturally lives a very sheltered and abnormal life. the moral of the story -- money isn't everything the people who don't have it wish they did, and the people who do have it couldn't care less. is that not true of everything? instead, we should probably embrace what we do have.. health, friends, family, people who care about you, and most importantly, your sanity.

the past two weeks have definitely been a roller coaster of emotions for me. the first day of my last semester.. my car kapooting on me... thinking about my relationships with people.. pondering my current and future responsibilities. BLAH. as 311 sings... all mixed up, donno waht to do..

No comments: