Wednesday, January 15, 2003

[goodbye humidity] maaaaaan. it's time to go back to berkeley-- and though i am excited, a small part of me also wishes i could lounge in my pyjamas all day in my singapore home. it's been super - home always is. thank you to my dad, mom, and brother for spending such great times with me. thank you to all my friends who made the pilgrimage back to singapore to create even more super memories. and thank you to my bed for always keeping me warm and safe at night =)

[speaking of which] last night, i watched a video of my brother's graduation ceremony with him. it definitely reminded me of the evening my class of '99 crossed that wonderful threshold (and how young we once all looked =O ), but most of all, it made me realize how different i am now. not my personality or character per se, but just how i see the world. sadly, a lot of idealism has dissipated and my high school worked sooo hard to instill values of tolerance, peace, and understanding in all of us. yes, i've always held such values, but how far am i going to actually practicing it or even spreading it? all of us used to be so active in promoting ourselves in environmental activities, community service contributions, and the like.. but what happened? hmm. perhaps this should be one of the 2003 resolutions... hrm.

[phlegm] go away already. =T

No comments: