Saturday, July 12, 2003

[thought] why is it more okay to *choose* to spend a quiet evening at home with yourself than to find yourself spending a quiet evening by yourself?

[getting game on] i've been at home for 5 days now, and in those 5 days, my brother has gone out-out twice. it's a very interesting process he goes through - first he selects his attire. he starts off with the very staple pair of blue jeans, and then picks whether or not to wear a button-down shirt or a regular shirt. will i get too hot? do these colors match? did my friends see me out in this shirt last time and think me weird? he then lays his picked shirt on the bed, and goes into the bathroom to put on his hair. water - fingers through it - pomade - gel. haha =) oh the turmoils of being an asian boy with spikey hair. you know what, even though it's short and seemingly uncomplicated, i really don't think i could replicate it. perhaps i shall practice. anyways - after the hair is on and the face is cleaned, the shirt goes on. not quite done though.. then you gotta pick the shoes, model in front of the mirror, and stock up your pockets with cash, ID, and the oh-so-needed cellphone.

finally, dru walks out the door, leaving behind an air of nice-smelling stuff and excitement. go dru go. haha =) i saw him at a club last night, and if you ask me, he doesn't hafta do any of this preparation - there ain't no competition out there ;)

[i miss san francisco] the way it smells, the restaurants i could go to, and the fabulous weather. the giants (can they beat arizona pleaseeee, oh disaster against colorado), gargamel & azriel, and 4th street. my jetta, my friends, and my apartment. though singapore holds so much for me (my irresplaceable family, chicken rice, and orchard road!), san francisco just holds more right now. see y'all soon.

No comments: