Sunday, December 22, 2002

[leaving san francisco] helas. the day that i have to leave the country just so happens to be the most gorgeous day in the past month. yup, gone is the rain and the dark clouds, and out comes that wonderful infamous california sun. every time i leave, i always think about how much i love it in the bay area, and how so many things have changed as the years have gone by (yes years *gasp*). i would never have called berkeley or san francisco my home three years ago, but now, i don't want to leave (which i'm sure my parents feared from the very start!). more importantly though, i've found that i have a life here now that - though my parents, family friends, and previous life is something i'll always be able to identify with in singapore - is irreplaceable here because it is my *now* life. the one i can very proudly call my own. my friends. my roommates. my car *yay baby*, my future job, my future apartment, and my many loved ones. it's super, and i never cease to think how lucky i am.

[happy travelling] so on that note, i'll be taking off on an airplane around midnight tonight. i wish everyone safe travels on their way home for the holidays. =) don't go carrying fireworks in your shoes now y'all.

No comments: